this story is about being lost. and what is it that is lost? my most favorite green iPod sock.

you see, i don't lose things. or, if i do, i always find them after a while, usually in a random place or maybe even in an obvious place, like the time i thought i lost my debit card, but it was really behind my driver's license in my wallet. i don't think that is what is going to happen in this case, though. i've searched my apartment and my car from top to bottom, and i think my poor little green iPod sock is lost for good.
i know, i know. it could be worse...i could have lost my iPod itself (oh, the horror!) or my phone or my wallet, all things that would be absolutely dreadful to lose. and i know, this situation is not really that tragic, because i have another iPod sock that i can use. or, i could even knit myself another one, which would probably be cooler. but just the fact that it is gone, that i have lost it and i don't know how or why, is the thing that gets me.
maybe it's just me, but when i lose something, i feel like something is off, like something is wrong with the world. or maybe i'm just crazy.
in any case, i want to know what happened to my lost iSock.
side note: this little fiasco reminds me that i definitely need to work on my "life resolution" of living simply. i guess i should just think of it as God's way of helping me get rid of my excess belongings, right? i think i'm gonna go with that.
I feel happy that you found your iSock. I mean, it's green! You know, I read this and then looked for one at Target before I came for V Day to see if I could find a replacement. But finding what was once lost is much better so I'm glad for that.
ReplyDeleteI too feel quite uneasy when I lose something. Or when I forget something. It's just like the matrix has a computer glitch or something. That's a super nerdy reference. But you like it.